Hello Everyone. Hope you are all staying safe at home these days during this crucial phase of the pandemic. Those of you who are affected, I am sending lots of positivity and prayers your way. This too shall pass.
Are you thinking of doing something new ? Then how about baking your own cake at home with of-course limited ingredients?
I baked a cake from ripe bananas few days ago. Not an expert baker. I keep trying and guess what… My recipe really turned out good. Since then this is my go to recipe for banana bread. If you are like me who is new to “Baking” then I am sure this recipe will be a HIT in your house too. So don’t forget to give it a try.
Here is the Recipe:
- 2 Ripe mashed bananas
- 1 and a half cup of all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8-10 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt for taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk (optional)
- Preheat the oven for 15-20 minutes to 350ºF
- In a mixing bowl add bananas mash it with the fork until smooth
- Melt the butter and add it in the same bowl
- Next add in the Sugar, Egg, Vanilla essence, Sifted flour, baking soda and salt
- Add chocolate chips
- Mix everything nicely until smooth
- Line the baking pan with baking paper or simply grease the pan
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Add in more chocolate chips at the top
- Bake it (at the same temperature) for an hour or till the tooth pick comes out clean
- Baking time might vary, so keep an eye on yours. If you find the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Once done, cool it completely and serve
Hope you enjoy making this easy recipe the way I did.
Let me know in comments below if you try this.
Don’t forget to share this post because you all know that… Sharing is Caring 🙂