Those who know me know that I simply love pizzas. Thus, All I need is love and pizza. 🙂
Finally I can proudly say that I make my own pizza 🍕 whenever I crave for it. Why spend hundreds when you can bake a very reliable pizza in the comfort of your house and the best part is you know exactly what all is going in your food, hence you can happily offer the same to your kids without any hesitation.
So let’s begin with my easy recipe for pizza.
For the pizza dough you need:
All purpose flour/Maida – 2 cups
Yeast – 1 tsp
Warm Water – 1/2 to 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons or more
(The ingredient list and the procedure here is almost similar to the one I shared earlier for shawarma pita bread, you can check that link here https://goworkeatout.com/2017/06/02/chicken-shawarma/)
So with slight variations and changes you can follow this👇 procedure
1. Take a bowl, mix dry or instant yeast, sugar, warm water & let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add Maida (all purpose flour), salt, olive oil and knead it nicely and add water as required.mix it like how you will knead any other flour.
3. Tuck and punch the dough ball, and let it rise for another 2 hours leave it in a large mixing bowl. Keep it covered.
For baking the pizza:
1. After 2 hours take one portion of the dough , Spread it evenly on the dusted kitchen platform or rolling board or pizza pan.
2. Try to stretch it by using your hands to give it a round shape. You can even dust more flour on it and use rolling pin too.
3. Slightly fold from the edges once who achieve that round shape. Give it a dent ( This step is optional)
4. Use fork and prick the base.
Note: If you don’t have enough time to prepare pizza dough, then, you can buy readymade pizza base from the store and directly start with topping and baking part. this works well if you have unexpected guests at home
Toppings and sauces:
Now this step is all dependent on your taste and the ingredients available in your kitchen pantry 😅
Well, I had no time to make pizza sauce, so I ended up applying readymade pizza sauce, you can make your own. But having said that there are actually good pizza and pasta sauces available in the supermarkets. It’s all upto you whether to buy it or make your own.
Or you can even apply tomato ketchup like I do many times if I am running short of pizza sauces( they expire very quickly)
2 sliced mushrooms
1/2 roughly chopped onion
1/2 roughly chopped capsicum
5-6 Sliced olives
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp mixed herbs or oregano (optional)
1. Apply the sauce on the pizza base.
2. Place and top all the ingredients/ veggies one by one.
3. Spread generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
4. Season it with herbs.
5. Bake it in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, 200-250 degree Celsius.
And tada your delicious 😋 pizza is ready to serve 🍕
So do try this and let me know if you enjoy baking it the way I did.
Sharing is caring!
Like us on Facebook @ Work Eat Out
Follow us on Pinterest @ Goworkeatout
Follow us on Instagram @Goworkeatout